These postpartum brownies are actually good for you
The best way to take care of a new baby is to take care of yourself! And this nurturing postpartum brownie recipe, created by the LA-based meal delivery service Twenty-Five Eight, is the ultimate definition of self-care. Each delicious bite contains pearl powder, which is believed to calm the spirit and nourish the nervous system, as well as naturally increase collagen production to boost skin, hair, nails and connective tissue. As if we needed an excuse.
Pearl Brownie Recipe
- 2 cup organic almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrow root powder
- 2 tsp aluminum free organic baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp freshwater pearl powder (we use Sun Potion)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 3/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic. chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic chopped almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl mix dry ingredients together, set aside.
3. In a second bowl whisk wet ingredients together.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold gently until combined.
(Optional: Fold in chocolate chops and/or almonds)
5. Pour batter into a prepared baking dish.
6. Bake 20-25 min.
7. Remove and let cool.
**Always check with a physician before ingesting.